You can keep the video private on YouTube for screencasting. Check out the below procedure to record video using web cam.
Steps To Use YouTube For Recording Screencast
- First of all visit https://www.youtube.com/my_live_events and login with your official YouTube Channel account.
- There click odn Create live event button -> Enter the Event name, Event description and Click on Go Live now.
- Make sure to keep your video private. Otherwise you screencast video will be shared online.
- Later Hangouts will open and will start recording your video through Webcam.
- You can monitor your video from live control setting in Youtube.