- Download the Android SDK installer from the link given below. http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html.
- Install the Android SDK files you just downloaded to your preferred location or check download folder. After completion of installations Run the 'SDK Manager' application.
- Once completed, select the packages you want to install. Here, you will be only selecting the 'Android 5.0 -API 21' and 'Android SDK Platform-tools' this option comes under Tools.
- Click on - Install packages. You will be prompted to confirm the packages you chose to install. Here you would have to agree to the License information to proceed any further. Now wait for the all the packages to download and install.
- Go back to the Android SDK folder and run 'AVD Manager'. Now click on New and create a virtual device with details as in the screenshot below. Use default value for 'Max VM application heap'.
- Now, select the virtual device you just created from the list and click on start. Donât change anything in the Launch Options and click on the Launch Button.